Sub-woofer/ Source for MAgnepan MG 1.6s

I just bought myself MG 1.6 QRs which I drive using Plinius 8150. To complete my setup, I am looking for a sub woofer to complement the 1.6s. I dont want to spend too much and reasonable price is a criteria.

Also I want recommendations for a reasonably priced entry level LP Player and a CD Player preferably one that plays DVD-Audio/ SACD.

Please help with recommendations.

thx.
snaudio
Basics differ by opinion.
PhilJolet, are you suggesting wires instead of a sub? Maybe a room tuneup? Wires are indeed basic, since nothing works without them, but that is the last thing on my mind. The built-in limits of my house and where I can / can't set something up dictate some choices. And some system performance limits. The large size of the room is partially mitigated by the fact that it is very asymetrical and I have yet to find a bass hot-spot.
The room plays a BIG part, and plans are on the drawing board for some modest helps. A poor room can ruin even a megabuck system.
My modest HSU sub was about 25% of the cost of my Maggies.
But I know my 1.6s fairly well in my house. Furthermore, I've been a Maggie owner for over 30 years and have heard them in at least a dozen different locations. Some places were vastly better than others. I had my MG'1s in a large closet of about 900ft3. Had to swap them L/R for proper image and bass was no problem....All the way to the same speakers in a Gigantic Room, 2 stories and probably 10,000ft3 where I could play 'em as loud and long as it would go. I had 'em backed up to a dining area separated from the main listening area by 2 doors.....this really helped the backwave and seemed to augment the bass.

Naw, I'll stick to the sub. It is seemless and for what I listen to, helps lots. When I kick on some good jazz, and even the XM variety has its moments, you can really feel it.
Than, when not called for, it's gone.
When I had 1.6's I bought a Velodyne DD12 and it rocked the house. Innersound ESL amp, and the Velodyne which set itself up to cross over at about 51hz if I remember correctly. It measured the 1.6's to about 44hz in my room, that was a great sub, and sounded great in that system. They are not cheap, but not that much more than a Vandy, which that replaced.
Magfan,

I mean the 1.6 is so good (approaching the best made) that the rest of the components should be to that level before you buy a sub. Take advantage of that terrific speaker with amazing midrange.

Just my 2 cents, I'll stop being disruptive now...

:^)
Philjolet, No problemo. Yeah, the 1.6s are real nice. My approach to leaving them alone was to get a sub to fill in below 40->50hz. Music only goes down so low, with the exception of Organ Peddle tones and and Imperial Grand Piano, which has an extra bass octave.
If I could afford the space (no gots) and money (also a no show!) I might be able to afford multiple systems with multiple subs. Since I gotta make do with a single system for Stereo and NO X.1 HT, I'm kind of in a bad spot.
End result? A reasonable sub in a room which needs help.
The room can and will be helped, but must meet the WAF criteria or I'm a goner.
Obviously nutty mismatches....the 1.6s mated to a Denon HT receiver are, of course, to be avoided.