vander 5A, Revelsalon2, sf elipsa or magico v3?

i am going to upgrade my virgo 3s. I am also considering b&ws and the sophia2s. I listen to jazz and blues..a little rock on my vpi scout, cal audio lab cd player, mac c22 peramp and mac mc252 amp.....what do you think?
jedhartman
Thnx Onhwy61,

I have a Sony SACD 777 as well which i was going to add. do you feel my Mac mc252 and c22 are good enough for the mentioned speakers above. My 2nd system is a a Mac mx135, mc207, Arcam DVDA, WAdia ipd transport, Peak Consult Princess (bookshelves), REL subwoofer, my 3rd is a classe amp and a conrad johnson preamp with a pair of audio physic yaras and a marantz cd and finally a teac system with thiel cs 1.5s.....
I was waiting for a used pair of 5A's to come on the market and while waiting a friend suggested I listen to Sophia 1's. Well it was a great suggestion the inner detail of the Wilson's made me a buyer and the Sophia ll is considered to be superior detail wise by many. Definitely worth a listen.
I have owned Sophia 2s and listened extensively to the Vandersteen 5As...between those two I selected the Wilson speaker...for the small difference get the Sophia 2 over the 1 version. As an aside I would suggest that you look at some of the Rockport speakers. As a further aside any of those speakers would benefit from an upgrade of your electronics/source players.
when you refer to upgrading my source..which is my weaker link, the Cal audio lab or th eVPI Scout...I assume the CAL.....I am looking at a Mac SACD or Esoteric SACD...I like the Esoteric better but with my Mac electronics, I assume the Mac SACD will fit better...
Cal for sure is the weaker link. A great unit in its day. Personally, I don't think that matching brands btwn a digital player with your amp/pre makes any difference and would go for the player you "like" better, whichever criteria you use.