Small sub

Looking for a subwoofer to try with monitors. Needs to be quite small and must be fast/articulate. Will be for 2 channel only.
jamesw20
I use 2 Velodyne SPLR 8s - less than 12" cube. They're quite good, but from my research it seems that small subs always trade some performance for size at any given price point. Thus, the SVS subs at $600 per offer much better performance on overall key specs (extention, distortion AND group delay) than any small sub at any price. Now, can you hear the difference? That one I can't help you with.

Marty

PS - the little REL subs test well for group delay ("fast") but pretty horribly on extention and distortion.
I second the Mini-Vee. I am using a pair. One under each of my large monitors. They are able to keep up with the large monitors.It is if I made the 3-way monitors into 4-ways.
if you can fit a jl audio fantum 112, it is the best sub out ther in what I cansider a small size. Trouble is a sub has to move air which by definition means some size. JL cheats a little since they have one of the longest throughs on the market. I also like velodyne alot. Personally I don't do small subs I never found one that wasn't to much of a compromise. the f112 is the smallest I would go.
I know the JBL L8400 isn't a brand name to deserve to be mentioned here but I'm curious if anyone has experienced with it? If possible, how is it (in many aspects) compare with the MiniVee?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180326072097

I'm too looking for a small subwoofer (in CHERRY color) mainly for music. My room size is 16x16x8.

James SW20,
What's your room size?
I use a M&K KX12 with my spendors,it is a great little sub.It is always on ebay for $400.00 new with shipping give it a try.