Most agreed upon best speaker?

Which speaker is considered one of the greats by more music lovers? Price point irrelevant since some speakers outperform their peers of the same price category.
I'll start with Alexandria's and mbl's.
pedrillo
Let's see...just because I have the money to afford more expensive audio products--I don't love music.

Submit: A 12 year old boy who listens to (read: falls asleep to Nancy Wilson, Joanie Sommers (who sang What's New with Big Band arrangements), played his first gig, playing Alto Sax, his heros being Charlie Parker, Paul Desmond, Cannonball Adderlery--and at the age of 13, went to hear Miles Davis live in Louisville at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, even when HE WASN'T ALLOWED TO STAY THERE!!!!, went to a radio station to discuss Jazz with the Jazz jock of the day with Terry Adams of NRBQ, who I thwarted playing with because he played 'crap', not jazz
I, WHAT?, don't love music?

Someone get a hose, and hose this site down...NO ONE, not any reviewer, from Clement Perry to Jon Valin, loves music and audio more than I do!!!!
Each upgrade of my gears made me happy since I could hear more and better sound, and the music sound more musical. I don't know when the series of upgrades would stop. It may never stop until I die or get broke.
It is hard to quantify how much someone loves music and/or sound, but to my wife I appear to be more of a sound lover than a music lover. Even though it upsets me to hear that, well, it is hard to dispute her judgment. I am writing this and listening to Wagner's Tirstan Und Isolde, and I feel short of SOUND from my system. Why don't I just enjoy the music as it is now and forget about upgrades!
"Why don't I just enjoy the music as it is now and forget about upgrades?"

Dammed if I know, but it seems to be a disease, some sort of a masculine thing, that all audiophiles suffer from, at least to some degree.

FWIW, at least it worked for me, I made a point about becoming informed about the music I was playing as well as the performance, etc, - then, when my potential critics arrived and started to launch an attact, ala your wife's, where I could dazzle them with knowledge, they would feel inadequate about their own music knowledge, and leave my obsessions alone. Works for guests as well, just don't try it on a musicologist!

And the side benefit - In the process of acquiring all of this knowledge I acutally enhanced my own enjoyment of the music in the process. Go figure. :-)
Newbee, the idea that a certain age of music recordings is designed to sound right on a certain vintage of speaker and amplification is a red herring. Often recording engineers, just like today, are recording on location and using headphones. Mic placement theory has not changed in the last 40 years.

Any engineer worth his salt knows that the monitors in the studio are not telling the truth, and that the recording will have to be heard on several different systems, and that it will have to sound right on all of them. That has also been universally acknowledged since the 1950s.

Your descriptions of the Telarc are spot on though. And a lot of the re-issues. I think you are hearing things right.