Usher 6371 vs Von Schweikert VR4jr

I like a forward midrange and a good low end. I listen mainly to classic rock, Pink Floyd, Supertamp, Chris Rea and some classic country Johnny Cash Mac Davis etc..

Any thoughts from users of either?
braminator
I listen to the same music, as well as New Jazz and Classical. The VSA VR-4JRs work very well for me. It is more important to consider the amplification-the amount of gain, the type (SS vs Class D vs Tube) and your room. That said, I have no desire to change speakers. With the Bel Canto M300 IcePower monoblocks I have a deep bottom end, sweet midrange and airy high frequencies. The highs have been described as too much or "forward" by some. I prefer detail, three dimensionality and soundstage, so I get these attributes with the VR4JRs. Some would prefer a more laid back presentation and in this case either tube amps or a different speaker may be advised. Only you will know when it is right.
I had the 6381 and now have the Vr4jr's....I wish I never sold the 6381's.

I find the Von's to be very room, equipment and source music sensitive. Where the Usher was a bit more forgiving with great imaging, bass and timber.

Becuse of this I have a Love hate relationship with the VR4rjs..my upstream equipment is PASS and VPI

I dont think the Vr's will last long in my set up
One man's bread is another's poison, so trust your ears. Before I brought VSRJr4's, the Usher's were one of the speakers I auditioned. Nice but no Jr4's. Be it powered by tubes or SS, there was just magic in the music.