Dynaudio sub with C1's

I was wondering if a Dyn sub with the C1's would sound similar to the C4's as far as the bass is concerned? For me there is something special regarding the Dyn bass. I listen near field and as much as I love the C4's they are too large for my listening area. I've demoed the C2's in my home and they are the largest I can go but still there isn't quite enough bass. Currently I use a Rel B3 (I don't have a sub out) and although the bass is very good to me it sounds a little slow for the Dyn's.
xti16
Thanks for all the replies. Bob I never really thought about an external crossover. It is something to consider.
George,
I agree with Bob about the use of an external crossover. If you go this route make sure the crossover has a variable phase control. A zero or 180 phase switch just doesn't get it. I know by using and measuring the in room response with a pair of Paradigm X-30 crossovers, my system was best with this pair set at 70 degrees.

Also why did you use only two points and not four on your Rel? I use a Sistrum Sp101 under each of my subs. Makes for greater speed, resolution and yes better midrange even with the subs crossed at 45hz. Remember any cabinet itself radiates sound into the room. The less energy storage over time the better the sound. I am a dealer. Tom
Hi Tom I have been moving my speakers rack and sub trying to get the best sound. When I tried all 4 spikes it seemed to lose some 'meat' away from the bass. For the most part I didn't care for the sound. It was suggested by a Rel dealer to try just the fronts. I was surprised at the difference. Much better than no spikes and better than all 4. Now I will admit and you have me thinking I have since moved the sub when I tried all 4. I'll have to try it again. BTW what is a Sistrum SP 101? I also agree with only 0 or 180 phase inversion. Just means you need to move the sub to try to compensate for the difference. Also do you have any thoughts regarding after market Rel cables? I've read where some folks say the bass gets tighter and faster with some of the aftermarket cables. I still have not heard a Dyn sub mated with the C1's or 2's. It may not sound better than the Rel.
Thanks again
George
Hi,

The Dyn C1s are great speakers, but even with a sub, they won't sound like C4s.

Adding a sub to the C1 will give you more extension, but the differences between the C1 and the C4 are far greater than extension alone.

As good as the C1s are, and they are some of the better monitors out there, they will never match the C4 in terms of sheer dynamic impact, staging size, bass articulation, etc. The C4's have much, much more cabinet volume, and more drivers dedicated to the mids / highs that the C1s can't match.
Post removed