Acoustat, 121-2a can they be cut down

I have a pair of Acoustat 121-2a that I would like to shorten.....Has anyone tried that ??? Can it be done without a total waste ???
autospec
The two's are the hardest model to place, but I've heard them sound very, very good. In fact, my first Acoustat listening experience was with Model 2s in a room that was about 14 by 22. They were powered with a Crown Macro Reference. There were no issues with bass or volume... and they soundstaged beautifully. That setup did involve quite a bit of tweaking but eventually sounded incredible.
Mr. Fire_bottle To remove the sock do you remove the bottom plate and pull the sock over the top or over the bottom ??
Autospec, I find it best to remove all staples on both ends of the speaker and slide the sock off without turning it inside out. You'll find that Acoustat appearantly paid their sock staplers by the staple - there are a billion of 'em! If you are going to reuse the sock you just gotta bite the bullet and pry out all the staples with a small screwdrier and a pair of pliers. When you reinstall, you can use way less staples...

You can also wash the socks. I washed my tan ones and they looked much better. You don't need to dry them - they are low enough density that they come out of the washer almost dry after the spin cycle. Just hang 'em up or lay them on a sweater drying rack for an hour and they'll be bone dry.