Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Aerial 20T v2.

I am trying to decide between these two speakers and was hoping to get some input from anyone who has heard either of these speakers.

I realize the best thing for me to do is go and listen to them but it is tough for me to do. I have heard each speaker but wasn't at the store to listen to either of these in particluar. I heard the Aerials when demoing a subwoofer and they where the orginals not the v2. I only heard the Avalons briefly at a store being demoed for another customer about 3-4 years ago.

From what I'm hearing in talking to dealers over the phone and to a friend who has the Eidolon Vision the Avalon's give a more holographic sound (Wider and deeper soundstage)over most other speakers. The Aerial's I'm told are not as holographic and are alittle more in your face.
audiodreamer
MMike he is only using one Vk600se. It's a stereo amp with 300 watts per side. The Ayre is a more powerful amp. We both know what that Rowland's 4 channels did for the speaker :). He will not hear what the 20T can do with that BAT.

In fairness I'm going by what another owner of 20T that had the upgrade done to V2 and he said it wasn't worth the $6500 after shipping cost. I was already to ship my speakers off to Aerial. He did say the bass was a bit faster and the midrange was a tad more open. He said he got more from upgrading his cables.

What I do know about the 20T is they do sound much better Bi amp. The bass unit really likes it's own power and it really opens the speaker up.

I will agree with MMike that if your not using a sub for HT then the 20T will work better. If your using a sub then find the speaker that sounds the best for music. Like Richard Vandersteen says if it sounds good for music it has to sound great for movies.

Mtdking-

I agree with you that but the Ayre MXRs were not bad on the 20t's. I had an Ayre V-1xe (200 WPC) before that and it was good too. You know I think it's that 0 feedback thing Ayre does, the power rates high but it's not as robust as some. That's probably a good trade off in some set ups. I'm guessing the Bats may have more drive at a lower WPC so its probably adequate. However you're right in that he won't know what the speaker is truly capable of w/o more umph. But if he opts for the speakers first then he can play with amps later.
I have to disagree about the amp. The BAT is a very robust unit with plenty of reserve in the SE version. It would be putting out 600w into 4 ohms and I believe the 20T's are more efficient than the LR5's that I'm blasting right now as I right this. It's more about current than watts and this is one place the BAT does not come up short.

I like the 20T's because they are Aerial and I have the Aerial center (CC5) channel, but after listening to the Eidolon Diamonds today I have to say they where pretty good. I do think that the Avalon's would be a much easier load for the BAT and it seems there are quite a bit of BAT/Avalon combos out there.

What do you guys think about this. I can get a pair of Eidolon Visions for 13K in mint condition. It's not the Diamonds but I think I would get 85% to 90% of the Diamond.
The amps will be fine. Skip the visions. The Indras are much better at that price point.
Dude I listened to the Indra's today and I thought they where weak as hell. I would keep my LR5's before I bought those babies. Now the Diamonds where a different story and the Isis where just insane.

My friend I spoke of earlier in this thread has the Visions along with all BAT gear and they would be his speakers that I would be purchasing if I got the Visions. He wants to step up to the Diamonds himself.