Help What's Wrong with my System

I have moved from a room 15.5X25 to a 17X42+ room, the only thing that has changed was a different pair of Hales T 8's( had a pair before).
Things are so bad I can't listen, have tried long wall, short wall, and different placement to no avail, any suggestions would certainly help
System
Levinson 332 Amp
Sonic Fronties Line 3 SE
Theta Pro Gen Va, and transport
Ensemble cable, FIM power cords
Thanks
128x128abruce
It's most likely not your system but the additional size to the room. I would bring the speakers out more in the room. Also because of the extra space you might be having problems with slap echo or other room anomalies. I would try some acoustical damping along the upper corners and possibly on the front and back walls. I am sure you will get things right.
PS the new room is in the same house or another? I ask, because the material used and with the structure has it changed or is it the same?
You need to tell us what is "wrong" with the sound in order for anyone to make an informed comment.
Abruce, I used to own Hales speakers. They are very good but in your new room with the 42' Dimension, which IMHO is huge, they might be a little overwhelmed. How far do you have the speakers into the room?
Yes, you need to describe how the sound changed and where the speakers are placed relative to the rear wall and where on the long wall.

Hint, they should be pretty close to the back wall. The short wall might be better placement, since it's relative wide, but will be easier to pressurize than a 42' wall.

Dave

You are just looking for a good reason to get better speakers.... Don't get us in trouble with your wife. Be a man and make your own decision.