All vandersteen users ?

have been using vk55: 55wpc for a pair of vandersteen 2ce Sig2 where have been recently told by another dealer that unless we hit 200W, one cannot really imagine what these speakers are capable of ..... he mentioned immensely higher 'headroom'

now looking at either upgrading to

1. a pair of vk55 monblocks
2. or just a vk75

Speakers wise, wld be looking at going up to vandersteen quatro...

Qn: Wld 02 x vk55 monoblocks really be too little for vandersteen 2ce Sig2 OR for that matter the quatro..

any advice from any vandersteen users wld be highly appreciated...
art80342
Samhar,

Tks ur response. Suprised at ur comments as dealer mentioned that 110wpc w the vk 55 monoblocks r definitely way underpowered for the Vandersteens quatro...

No chance for audition :(
Go to the Vandersteen website then to the Quarto wood page and view the Qutro's and ARC VS-55 at a show!!! My Vandersteen dealer drove his home set of 5A's with VS-55 mono blocks. The Quatro and 5A's have their own internal bass amps driving the woofers (As Ecruz stated), you may personally like more power but it isn't "necessary". The SPL that you listen at may be a factor, if you can afford 100 +wpc mono blocks go for it they'll be great but if your looking at a reasonable output of cash with high return the 55's are the call. I think something to keep in mind is I don't have a horse in the race like the dealer may, something I have to remind myself of constantly when I'm speaking with a dealer!!
I'm not a Vandersteen user. Vandersteen recommends between 40-160 Watts into 8 Ohms for these speakers. I would humbly suggest you lean more towards the upper end rather than the lower end of this range.
Vandersteen speakers are capable of extraordinary performance. Even more important than raw power is quality of upstream components. Your best bet is to bring a pair home and try it with your stuff in your room.