All vandersteen users ?

have been using vk55: 55wpc for a pair of vandersteen 2ce Sig2 where have been recently told by another dealer that unless we hit 200W, one cannot really imagine what these speakers are capable of ..... he mentioned immensely higher 'headroom'

now looking at either upgrading to

1. a pair of vk55 monblocks
2. or just a vk75

Speakers wise, wld be looking at going up to vandersteen quatro...

Qn: Wld 02 x vk55 monoblocks really be too little for vandersteen 2ce Sig2 OR for that matter the quatro..

any advice from any vandersteen users wld be highly appreciated...
art80342
I'd suggest choosing amplification that suits your speakers, not speakers that suit your amplification.
Two good speakers. I don't think it will be easy for someone to tell you which to choose, but have to agree with Unsound that you should choose your speakers first and then decide on the amps. The speaker truly defines the type of sound you will get and you have to decide which you prefer.
Oh...speaker defines the sound type but the BAT house sound esp in the mid range is to die for... So the BAT pre/power will remain.
Head the quatro w BAT pre/power nice....

Sent a query to Red 3A and they said tat BAT amps mate well w Grand Veena...

Sigh...can only intent to buy without audition ...

Tks u all for suggestion and opinions so far...
I was fortunate to demo the Grand Veena and the Vandersteen 5A one afternoon.
First up was the Grand Veena.
Very good sound, nice integration considering all the drivers( Iam a stat or concentric type).
I was impressed.
Then the Vandy 5A.
A certain simiarity, in the sense that all the drivers were coherent,very fast like the Grand Veena, but just so much more weight to everything, even violins.
Of the two the twice as expensive Vandy was the winner, but if you don't have the funds, the Grand Veena was a close second.
I haven't listened to Vandy 2 since the early 1990s when I owned a pair and didn't listen to the 3 or Quatro so I can't comment on their place in all of this.
Maybe they would surprise me also and for a lot less money than the two contenders.
So far the Grand Veena is my pick in the under $10,000.00 bracket.
I am a Vandersteen user. These speakers are one of the great bargains at any of their price levels. The only sure way of deciding if the speaker/amp combination is to your liking is to set them up in your room and listen to them together. In my experience the quality of amp is even more important than the power output of it. Richard says that most user guarantee return cards say they use either Ayre or BAT equipment.