Are Harbeths really "all that?"

Hi,

I am not actually in the market for new speakers (heck, I just GOT new speakers) but I am intrigued, lately, reading about the Harbeth line on this forum. Are those little Harbeths (their "entry level," can't remember the model number right now) as fabulous as most reviewers seem to suggest? What kinds of music do they excel at? What kind of power do they need?
rebbi
Shadorne,

Right... I’m thinking of very narrow floorstanders like the Totem Arro or Silverline Prelude, where the drivers take up almost the width of the whole speaker and the very rigid cabinet is supposed to help imaging and soundstage... or so the marketing hype suggests.
LOL! Ha Ha!! Audiophiles arguing what's best! Buy and try! We all have our sound. Some like polite laid back and some like in your face. Ever been to a live show and watched the people run to the front while others sit back. It's all listener preference people.
They are modern day Bozaks...colored but sweet to the ear. Not something one listens to for Audiophile hallmarks but for nice sound. Overpriced nice sound of course, but nice nonetheless.
Funny Bozaks are mentioned.

I actually got to hear a pair of BIG, old Bozaks in good operating condition the other day at a local dealer who had taken in a pair in a trade. They were "sweet to the ear" indeed, but the dealer thought they were colored. I didn't get to listen long enough to say, but I suppose they were. Afterwards, we listened to some brand new B&Ws in the next room and I was still liking the Bozaks! They did have a certain warmth and ease about them whereas the B&Ws were way more detailed like most modern speaks yet also way more "in your face".