Are Harbeths really "all that?"

Hi,

I am not actually in the market for new speakers (heck, I just GOT new speakers) but I am intrigued, lately, reading about the Harbeth line on this forum. Are those little Harbeths (their "entry level," can't remember the model number right now) as fabulous as most reviewers seem to suggest? What kinds of music do they excel at? What kind of power do they need?
rebbi
Dodgealum,

Watch out - IMHO AN fans are extremely protective and defensive of some of their classic retro type designs. You may have just entered a mine field - though I hope not as too many threads seem to take a bad turn these days.
Shadorne--thanks for the warning. That's why I hedged. I've only heard them once and that was at a show so who knows? Just didn't get it. BTW, Bob Neill was hosting the demo.
Oh oh, so much for good ol bob....
A friend said that Peter Q of AN would play bad metal really really loud. Well, Artie likes them anyway...I have yet to hear em. The corner thing doesn't bother me, I'm sure they have great centerfill. They do get a little pricey as you keep adding quality goods in the cabinets. My friend suspects I wouldn't stick with them, same as the harbeths, same as the sockoverthespeaker spendors.
boston A100's , a marantz receiver, a systemdek....the blue collar audio note system....sounds good.
AN has not always impressed me, but the couple of times it has, it REALLY has.