Upgrading from Wilson Sophia 2's?

Currently using these in a 14x25 room. Enjoying them for the most part, but they can sound aggressive and make mediocre recordings sound like crap and be somewhat fatiguing. Iā€™m interested in trying something that is slightly more forgiving without sacrificing a lot of detail, air, dynamics, etc.

Any suggestions?

Associated equipment (preamps still in flux):

Amps
Pass XA 100.5 monoblocks

Preamps ā€“ Tube
Audio Valve Eclipse
Cary SLP-05

Preamps ā€“ SS
Fire H20
Wyred 4 Sound STP SE
Pass XP-20

Sources:
ModWright Transporter
Raven One TT / Triplanar / Dynavector XV-1s

Thanks.
madfloyd
Don't take it personally, Dave_b, if your comments are viewed as hyperbole. We know each time you write about a new revelation in your system you are writing from your heart, but you always pronouce your latest discovery as one of the best, if not *the* best...and your own history reveals that your latest best is soon displaced by another best.

You've written enthusiastically about Acoustic Zen, then MIT, then Monster Z200i, and now Morrow MA4. Each time, the cable being discussed is the best you've ever heard, and better than most others.

I doubt anyone here has a problem with anyone reporting on something that works well, but the over-the-top proclamations, and then dogged defense of the proclamations is the crux of the issue presented here, as I see it.
Can we get back to Madfloyd's question about upgrading the Sophia 2? I've heard his system, understand his frustrations and would like to read some more opinions in the hope of learning something.
09-25-09: Peterayer
Can we get back to Madfloyd's question about upgrading the Sophia 2?

Until Madfloyd provides an update about his research, anything added to what's already here would be like throwing more spaghetti at a wall to see what sticks, IMO.
I have Sophia 1's in a 14'W X 23'L with a ceiling that starts at 9.5' on the left side and rises to 10.5' on the right. My system and a 52" LCD screen are between the speakers.
I have tried acoustic egg crate foam, thick gathered material similar to drapes and a thick flat blanket covering the screen. The foam and gathered material tamed the "beast" but the cost was a reduction in imaging and compression of the sound stage.
The flat double thick blanket worked best and with a small pillow on the wall directly behind the system at ear level listening for hours isn't fatiguing albeit's not at 85db!!!
It seems tuning the back wall is a bigger deal in my system/room then the side wall reflections!!!
before doing any speaker upgrades I would probably consult ASC (acoustical science corp) to see if they can suggest some improvement on your acoustics if you haven't done so.
Sophias for the most part I heard them are not really aggressive speakers.
One will be surprise how much acoustics can contribute to the overall sound of a good hi end system like yours.
Good luck-all the best.