Polk LSI15 compared to Paradigm Studio 100 V4

Hi guys,

I have a question on speakers there for coming to you the experts.
I have a yamaha RXV 1500, a sunfire signature amp(425 watts 8ohm), second amp(sunfire TGA5200, 200watts into 8ohm), cd player(Emotiva ERC-1) two subs both velodyns(15 and 10 inch)
So now I am looking for front left/right speakers.
In your opinion which one will give me better sound quality for both HT and Music. Music being a range of every thing rock, pop, country, vocals and smooth jazz)

I will greatly appreciate all the help you can give me

Hope to hear from you all

Fernando
fernando1
Similar to James63 and LoomisJohnson I would come down on the Studio100 side of the fence. I listened to both for at least one hour with my own material. The polks with a Yamaha V683 driving it and the 100's driven with a Rotel 1560. Both rooms were treated to some extent. Personally I was not wow'd by either but I would be happier with the paradigms. I also listened to the V5 versus the V4 and if there was a difference I could not hear it (at least there with the rotel setup.) +1 on the totem as an alternative but I think you have it narrowed to the polk/paradigm so I'll shut up.
telescope, i'm not sure i fully grasp your thread, but i think you're questioning my critique and faithfully defending your polks. no offense taken, of course--i defend my speakers more zealously than i defend my wife or kids. i did a/b the polks against some very revealing floorstanders (focal, vienna) and honestly didn't think the polks were competitive; however this passion is inherently subjective and your opinion is just as valid as mine. i'm not a polkbasher--i've owned and enjoyed the rt25 (great cheap monitor), rt 35 (wooly bass--not as good as the rt25), rt1000p (surprisingly nice treble and midrange, if a bit unengaging); i've also heard alot of the excellent sda and lsi7. however, in the $1000-$2000 sweet spot, there's lots of other speakers i'd rather own.
I have the LSi15 & absolutely love them. What I found
was that the bass suffers if you use the spikes, I found
this when trying to get them in the right position. I took
the spikes off & everything changed for the better. I now
have them on some maple boards, I was going to have stands
made by Sound Design but they sound so great I hate to
change anything.

I don't see how a Denon receiver would do them justice. I had a Rotel RA-1062 & they sounded ok. I now use a Plinius 9100 & they sound amazing.

I also don't think you would go wrong with either. I had
some Energy Veritas speakers which are basically the same
speaker as the Paradigm & I liked them alot also.
That's my point. A receiver is the first & last thing
wrong. I (by the way I don't own Polks any more)used a
Wyred 4 Sound amp and the sound was amazing from the bottom
up. I have also used other high quality amps & pre's with them.
I'm just saying I have heard the speakers at their best
and they are better than a lot of high end speakers, so if you hear muddy & veiled sound from them, something else
is probably the culprit. (Like a receiver) That's all I saying!
Oh and BTW...Loomisjohnson, Of coarse I don't doubt
what you heard, and to be clear, I know you did not
mention anything about a receiver. Others did. Again my only point here
is, the IMO the last thing the LSi's are...is veiled & muddy.
Not perfect of coarse, but with the right electronics, they
are crystal clear & clean.

Happy Holiday's