Ohm Walsh vs. Mirage OMD 28

I'd love to hear any opinions/comparisons between some higher end Ohm Walsh models and Mirage 28...Especially regarding their soundstaging abilities...thank you all
branislav
I own the Walsh 2000s, but have not heard that particular Mirage model. Major differences to consider are the use of metal tweeters in the Mirage, and the frequency of the crossover, which is way up at 8kHz for the Ohms. Although both aim at a quasi-omnidirectional dispersion pattern, they are radically different designs. One thing about the Ohms, is that IME, every model sounds the same, with the only difference being max SPLs and deep bass extension.

If you can find a seller of the Mirages that will allow an in-home trial, like Ohm does, you could compare them yourself, in your room with your gear. IMO, that's the best way to choose a speaker.
I know, nothing like trying speakers in your own environment...I have a decent set up now, but playing with an idea of getting omni speakers, to produce bigger and deeper soundstage...
haven't heard the Mirages but on paper, I see they have two crossover points and the omni driver configuration appears to target mainly the higher frequencies.

OHM walsh drivers in comparison have a single crossover point at a relatively high frequency. The Walsh drivers deliver a highly frequency coherent omni sound very wide range up to that crossover point. The result is top notch performance through the critical midrange region. The OHMs are also not true omni in that range in that the omni driver sound levels are physically attenuated in the wall facing directions (by acoustic damping material inside teh "can") to allow for easier placement closer to walls than pure omnis.