Ohm Walsh vs. Mirage OMD 28

I'd love to hear any opinions/comparisons between some higher end Ohm Walsh models and Mirage 28...Especially regarding their soundstaging abilities...thank you all
branislav

02-19-10: Branislav
Well, maybe one day I'll compare the two in my environment. Then I'll share my findings with everybody here on Audiogon...
Ohms are direct market, so you have to audition them at home. Vann's is an authorized Mirage dealer and offers a 15-day refund period as long as the product is in original condition and is returned with all original packaging.

Right now Vann's is offering the $7500/pair OMD-28 for about $3K/pair in black or rosewood. Pricewise this puts the OMD-28 at a decided advantage, because it should handily outperform the similarly priced Ohm 2000.

The OMD-28 and Ohm 5000 should be a good matchup, but Vann's pricing gives the Mirages a $3500 advantage.
It will be interesting match up...just ordered Mirage 28...when I sell my current Hyperions 968, I'll get Ohm Walsh 3000 or 4000 and do the comparisons...
bran,

have you discussed your room with john at ohm? there is no advantage to larger more expensive ohms over smaller unless room size considerations warrant it. the exception is the 5000 which has adjustments on
board to taylor the sound to roomsize and other acoustic considerations.
I briefly talked to him...I guess it will have to be trial and error, because of my open plan, it's hard to establish which model should work. I think they offer an upgrade program...if that's true, it would be better to start with 3000 and then if I need to, can upgrade to 4000....5000 would be the best choice, but I'm losing the best bang for the buck with them in case I found a lower price model that works in my room.
I put up my current Hyperion 968 for sale..terrific speaker, anybody who's looking for a speaker that does a lot of things well, might end up being quite pleased with them
supplementing a smaller pair of ohms with a sub is not a bad option either.
I'll be interested in how well the mirages stack up. i think they both will sound very good but also quite different.