Ohm Walsh vs. Mirage OMD 28

I'd love to hear any opinions/comparisons between some higher end Ohm Walsh models and Mirage 28...Especially regarding their soundstaging abilities...thank you all
branislav
I'm very intrigued myself...however, unless I sell my current speakers, I'm not sure how long it's going to be before I can order Ohm Walsh...of course first I need to break the Mirages in and play around with the placement so that might take even a month....I'll use this thread to post my impressions of the Mirage and then later Ohm Walsh...a lot will depend naturally how they react with the room...
The thing that intrigues me about the 5000-hence my question about the controls/switches in the other thread, Map, is that the overall room size with the 5000 is so adjustable. It almost makes your speaker something you won't have to worry about upgrading/downgrading to fit should you move house, rooms or whatever. If one likes the Ohm sound, and can obviously afford the 5000 to begin with, makes it very attractive.

I am anxious to hear about your findings on the Mirage OMD 28 too. Interesting! Enjoy! Tim
If you ever get the Walsh 5000 and do a side by side comparison to the OMD 28 that will be intriguing.
Frazeur1,

Yes, the larger adjustable Walshes makes it easier to adjust or optimize the sound to the room and your preferences especially when things change.

A parametric equalizer or flexible tone controls on a pre-amp can also accomplish the same, but having the controls right on board the speaker works well.

Toe-in/toe-out, port plugs, speaker placement, room treatments and of course equipment tweaks are the weapons you have at your disposal otherwise.
I still have to figure out if there's any difference between Ohm 3000 and 4000 other than the ability to play deeper and louder...it looks like the quality of the midrage and upper frequencies might be exactly the same. It's just a matter of trying to see if 3000 will be enough to pressurize the room. Of course if it was closed in room, they would be easy to figure with the info that's available online. In case 3000 works perfect in my room, spending over 60% more for 5000 loses its appeal.