New Bel Canto REF600M using NCORE

Wow!!..Looks like John hit another home run at Bel Canto with the just released REF 600M using NCORE amplifiers. 300 watts into 8ohms. $4500.00 a pair. The REF 1000M is out of production. I have a feeling this is Bel Canto's best amp ever below the Bel Canto Black. Look forward to Guido checking it out.
audiozen
Savjam - I would also be very interested to hear Goldprintaudio's more detailed comparisons. You should be aware that BC feels that the REF600Ms are a significant enough improvement over their previous top models to have replaced both the REF500M and REF1000M in their lineup.
I agree with Bill... With the premise that I have not heard REF600 yet, I have found REF1000 Mk.2 to perform comfortably above REF500... And every NCore amp that I have listened to this far has comfortably outperformed the admittedly lovely REF1000 Mik.2.

Hence, I conjecture that REF600 likely outperforms REF500 on all audible parameters.

G.
Guido,

Can you quantify in what way the newer model would outperform the older ones?

Of the 3, Ref1000m would still seem to have to set the mark for wattage.

600 is newer Ncore versus the others older Icepower, so apples/oranges there.

I would expect newer Class D modules within a line should outperform older in terms of bandwidth, etc. as the technology improves.

Then there is always how each "sounds" which is more subjective versus performance which typically must be measurable.

I own ref1000m. How it sounds exactly is a function of teh entire system playing. How it performs is not.
Hi Mapman.

Yes in theory you are correct... ICEPower 1000ASP, at least in theory, supplies 25% greater power than NCore NC1200. In my own system, NC1200 amps tend to create even more authority, a larger stage and images than 1000ASP machines... Go Figure!

In my own system, in terms of audible intermodulation control, REF1000 Mk.with its custom input stage 2 did a fine job at freeing the treble region from jarring artifacts. Rowland M312 with its more sophisticated input stage, custom SMPSs and PFC rectifiers did even a little better. Yet, Veritas, which has no custom input stage to speak bout, and uses a stock non-regulated Hypex SMPS, is virtually free of audible intermodulative artifacts short of some rare boundary conditions.

And then I could talk about harmonic exposure, micro detail and micro dynamics, and the sheer joy of listening to emotional music.... Which a very small number of older ICEpower amps deliver through a lot of ingenuity of their designers.... While NCore modules seem to be able to surpass even through some of the simpler amp implementations.

Does this mean that ICEpower is passed history? Not at all... I am sure that ICEpower will once again rise to the forefront with new offerings... Just not in any amps I have heard yet.

G.