Ayon Audio Made in China?

I read recently that Ayon was made in China-
Is that right --anyone know?
elliotdrum
09-13-15: Schubert
A Vice-President of VW told me a A4 is a Passat in drag.
IMO what you describe is a placebo effect.
Is the VP Chris Mortensen? The same guy also twitted "A recent US President received dozens of DUI's and his license was suspended for zero days"
This was posted on a 2008 Audiogon thread: Ayon CD Players: CD-1 and CD-3:

Dear Audiogoners….

I would like to clarify the incorrect information written by Hi Fi + magazine out of the UK. The UK Ayon Audio distributor, Metropolis, has already brought it to the attention of HiFi + magazine, to also include Ayon Audio Austria that they have misinformed their readers.

Ayon Audio products are not engineered in Europe and then manufactured in China as the reviewer wrote in error.
The Ayon Audio product line-up consists of hi-end audio products which are 100% engineered and built at the facility in Gratkorn, Austria. Ayon Audio also manufactures the more value oriented hi-end audio products, based on cutting edge designs, of which parts are sourced from around the globe. Global parts sourced, consist of about 20%, & 80% Austrian.

For more information, please feel free to contact Ayon Audio USA, Charles Harrison directly.

If you are up to it, or you find yourself in Austria, your visit to the Ayon Audio facility is most welcomed, it is very impressive!

Ayon Audio USA
Ayon Audio Austria
www.ayonaudio.com
www.ayonaudiousa.com

Charles Harrison
1-888-593-8477
Reynolds853,

If that is true, Why didn't Ayon labeled made in Austria instead of just Austria. Sounds like they pride themselves as an Austrian product from your post. Any company would stamp it on their product like Manley's (made in Chino not China) slogan. It's just too contradicting.
Yogi boy, I always thought REL was made in England. It's worse than I thought.