Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
Yes, I think I know what you mean, Dwpc, and "concentrated" is an excellent word for it. I must go dig it out again and listen.
Cheers
Schubert String Quartet #14; Death and the Maiden, Second Movement. The many variations in this movement is quite unusual, achingly-beautiful and brilliant for those unfamiliar with it, highly recommended. I would also be interested in recommendations for a good recording and performance of this piece. I currently have the Prague String Quartet on the Denon label.
Tubegroover do you speak LP or CD or both?
What you should definitely try to get is the rendering by the Alban Berg Quartet and while we are at it, try the Schubert Quintet in C minor also by the Alban Berg Quartet. Don't recall now, who plays the other cello, perhaps Rostropovitch, but I'm not sure. There is also a wonderful rendering with Heifetz, Piatigorski and Primrose on RCA shaded dog and by the great Casals with Isaac Stern on Phillips.
Regards,
I also enjoy a lot of classical pieces mentioned above. But let me go aginst the grain here. I think 'the future sound of london's work notably ' life forms' and ' dead cities( later part)'are the electronic music's classical equals. Full of intricate melodies that touches your heart. There are other albums before these two, which are good but nothing like the two mentioned. I say these two are going in to the history as late 2000 electronic classicals.
Hi Detlof

Both vinyl and CD. I will check on your recommendations. Thanks. Will