Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
Regards, Halcro: Intriguing. Echo chamber? If so, Dynamat or loose insulation might address the issue.

Peace,
Pretty TT plinth Henry. Your architecture background is evident. This emperor definitely has new clothes. :^0
No longer Nude - can we expect a thread name change..hah hah. Your DV is riding really low or is that just the camera angle ?
Cheers
Halcro, your original looks like my current, except that I use 4 cones (one dead center) and no cups.

So what did you discover - does the tin can actually help?
Henry - yes - electrical feedback, not structure born. Try putting the whole thing in the granite bowl with the motor cover attached.
I think if Steve McCormack were running a direct drive he would have launched "WonderNappies" along with his TipToes.
Dover wins the Kewpie Doll...πŸŽ‰πŸ’‡
When I changed the support of my Victor to the steel cradle two years ago, I removed the flimsy perforated metal screen surrounding the 'guts'.
Well it turns out that this metal screen was acting as a Faraday Cage for the electrical emissions from the motor power supply.
Without the screen absorbing and neutralising this energy.....the cartridge apparently picks up the 50/60Hz emitted frequency at very loud amplification levels (I can't imagine that the platter is vibrating at this frequency?).
This is why there is no feedback issue with my primitive (sorry Aigenga 😏) original support system.
And yes.....when I place the Victor into the granite cradle with the screen attached.....no feedback πŸ˜ƒβ€ΌοΈ

This however gives me a dilemma.....I would prefer not to have the screen attached as there are audible benefits without it. I also don't believe the screen is as effective (being tight up against the granite inner wall) as I believe a Faraday Cage should have both sides of the metal screen in free air?
I have orderred Mu Metal sheet and wondered if this was a possible alternative to the Faraday Cage?
Is it OK to wrap the power supply transformer in Mu Metal or will it get too hot?
Would it be better to line the inside of the granite cradle with the Mu Metal instead (or also)....or am I doomed to using the metal cover forever?