Thoughts on system change VTL to NuPrime ?

My system for years has been an original series Rega Planet CD player into a VTL TL 2.5 (older metal remote version) tube pre-amp into VTL TT-25 Limited Edition tube monoblocks amps into original series Spendor S3/5 speakers and a REL T5 sub. I have not been listening to it as much as I did previously and "think" I might be ready to change things up - more general convenience (i.e. good sounding and easy access to Pandora, no tubes to bias), less heat output and possibly more detail and "realism" in the sound.

Been reading about the NuPrime IDA-8 digital integrated to possibly replace the pre-amp and amps and to update the CD player with the IDA -8's internal DAC. I think I would like to push the sound closer to neutral, but still err on the warm side. Anyone heard the IDA-8? Thoughts on how it might play in my system? Would need to sell the tube gear before trying/buying so interested in all opinions/options.
Thanks!
cspaldi
Did you go from Class D amps to tubes? What was your thought process and how do you like the results?

I am also now checking out the Rogue Sphinx - would be more compact and run cooler than what I have now and keep the tube preamp aspect - but no included potential DAC upgrade for the old Rega Planet.

Thanks!
No, I went from A/AB to tubes. Classe' 150 and Five to Audible Illusion M3A and Rogue M120. I enjoyed the Classe units for many years but wanted something that would give me a bit more organic sound. The change delivered in spades.

I do have 3 class D amps that I use in other systems. They are not SOTA class D but they work well for their usage. I just don't think I could go class D for my big system.

Also, your VTL units are really very nice and coupled with the right speakers should be fantastic. I would only dump them for tubes that might move me forward or for speakers that I must have and that are too demanding for tubes.