Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II or Pharaoh Integrated

I have a pair of Revel F206 speakers and am wanting to upgrade the power. I am sold on Rogue Audio, but I wanted to know which of these amps would be the best option. The Cronus Magnum II is rated at 100 WPC and the Pharaoh is rated at 185 WPC. I guess my main question is whether or not the Cronus Magnum II can really power these speakers, or would I need more power?
bbroyles23
Bbroyles23,
As far as the Cronus Magnum driving your Revel's, I suggest you call Mark at Rogue and ask his opinion regarding how the amp will perform. Tell him about the impedance curve;
on paper that's what says these speakers aren't a good match.
http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1238:nrc-measurements-revel-performa3-f206-loudspeakers&catid=77:loudspeaker-measurements&Itemid=153

The Cronus Magnum is such a great sounding tube amp.
I can't answer your question, but I can certainly comment on the wonderful synergy between Rogue Audio and Revel. Please take a look at my system ..... my Revel F12's are driven by my Rogue Audio Cronus (non-Magnum) and the sound of music is sublime. Rogue and Revel make a beautiful pairing, and I recommend them wholeheartedly.
Pharaoh no doubt. It's a wonderful sounding piece maybe one of the best. I could downsize to one and be happy.

I like Cronus magnum as well but only for clear tube amp applications.
Talked to Rogue about the same comparison. Answer was, "it depends." I have the Pharaoh. They told me to try some tube rolling in the pre stage. I did. Bought a matched pair of 5o plus year old (NOS) Mullard 12au7 tubes. Result, made a very good sounding amp into a great sounding one. Could not be happier.