Best value in pre-owned preamps right now?

I see all sorts of deals as I think lots of people are dumping traditional analog only preamps for those that now include a DAC. Personally I'd NEVER ever want a DAC in my preamp as that technology improves by the minute.

What is your bang for the buck king right now?

I'm not at all interested in digital inputs... so keep that in mind!
hk_fan
+1 for the Modwright SWL 9.0 suggestion. I've tried (multiple times) to remove the analog preamp from my system, but always come back to them. It's a personal preference, having a standalone preamp in the signal chain happens to be mine - YMMV.

I acquired a Modwright a few months ago and find it to be wonderful - as good or better than all other preamps I've owned (up to $5k). I rolled in a pair or Amperex Pinched 7119's and absolutely love it.
HK fan,

You could select one of these great suggestions, spend a fair amount of your hard earned money, hook it up to your system and hate it.

Without knowing what your audio preferences are and your system, making a suggestion is of little benefit.
Another bid for Modwright, though I use the 36.5. I also auditioned the cheaper 100 model, which was also excellent. A little more "tube like", that is some warm colouration, but very good. I compared the 36.5 with an ARC Ref 3 pre, which is more expensive and I preferred the Modwright.

Before the Modwright, I was using and in fact, still have, an excellent DIY built clone of the Music First Audio Baby reference. Others will disagree, but having tried several others, I think it is one of the best passive Pres around. I definitely prefer the Modwright, which is different in a way I prefer,rather than better, than the passive
I bought a Allnic L4000 that was upgraded to a L3000 mk2 and have never been happier; if you see one for sale you can't go wrong.
"What is your bang for the buck king right now?"

I don't think this is the best way to go about it. Regardless of how good the deal is on a preamp, you still need to like how it sounds, and how well it matches with your other components.