Tascam DA-3000

HI to everyone.
I have 1500 albums that I would like to transfer on to MD
Recorder but I was adviced by one of fellow Audiogoner that the best option would be Tascam DA-3000.
I searched a little bit and it sounds like a good idea but there is a problem. Every 2GB of data the files would be cut
so I would need the software to fix that. Maybe I didn't
understand what he was trying to explain since I never used
that kind of recorders.
I would appreciate opinions.
topten
Ozzy - Have you tried Vinyl Studio for processing files? It includes a album lookup feature to get timings and names for album tracks, which makes it easy it pretty easy to split tracks. It does take a little time but, for me, it is better than sitting in front of the unit hitting a button. I spend that time working on another album in VS.
Dtc:

I got my DA-3000 today. It has a large number of op amps, either 5532s or 2114s (JRCs version of the 5532). No matter. Sound quality is mediocre at best.

I did a test recording of Blind Faith "Had to cry today" because I have the UK vinyl LP and three different versions on CD (US Polydor 1986, German RSO 1986, and 2001 "deluxe edition"). The vinyl sounds better than any of the CD versions, so a faithful recording of the LP has a leg up. I recorded a 24 bit, 96K copy of the song direct from the outputs of the Spectral DMC-10 (what I listen to, not the tape monitor) and converted the .wav file to FLAC with dB Poweramp. I then A/B'd with all the CD versions and the LP playing directly.

The copy recording made with the 3000 could not hold a candle to the LP. Period. Not even close. It was not even as good as most of the CD versions (although these are all different sounding from the LP). Symbols, in particular, were "mushed" and distorted compared to the vinyl.

Actually quite disappointed. Swapping opamps is not really practical due to the large number. And what is worse, it appears all these amps are cap coupled with electrolytic caps. Without a schematic, modding is not even possible.

For making copies of rare, vinyl not released on CD, or maybe versions were the CD is unlistenable, maybe the DA-3000 will work. But don't expect that vinyl air and magic to come through in the recording.

And I also found out the DA-3000 will NOT record to USB drives, only CF or SD cards. It will not even function with USB HDs. It will only play back from a USB drive. So you have to record your files to an SD card and then convert it or transfer it to a USB drive on another computer. You can transfer files on the DA-3000 directly, but it very complex and slow. Better done on an outboard PC.

Looks like I'll be looking for an Ayre.
Anyone used a Benchmark ADC1? Reviews indicate it may sound close to the Ayre at about half the cost.
Thanks for the update. I typically digitize at 24/192 but from your report, that is no going to make enough difference to make the Tascam viable. I know Chris at Busman modded one. Not sure if he can help. Did you look at the Korg MR-2000?

No experience with the Benchmark and I don't read much about it anywhere. John Atkinson did a short review of it and compared it to the Ayre.

Benchmark ADC1

Sounds like you may need a Horus but your wallet may not like it.
I have no problem with my tascam. I record vinyl to 24/176 and the sound is great. Something is wrong in your system. Maybe you need a break in.