Tascam DA-3000

HI to everyone.
I have 1500 albums that I would like to transfer on to MD
Recorder but I was adviced by one of fellow Audiogoner that the best option would be Tascam DA-3000.
I searched a little bit and it sounds like a good idea but there is a problem. Every 2GB of data the files would be cut
so I would need the software to fix that. Maybe I didn't
understand what he was trying to explain since I never used
that kind of recorders.
I would appreciate opinions.
topten
Sounds like you are making progress. I will say one reason I went with my Korg was to avoid usb.

I think you can output to the usb and the Tascam at the same time. It might be interesting to do that and compare the wav files. I believe you can also do 24/192 to the Tascam if that is of interest. Not sure the usb supports that.

Good stuff. Hope the Benchmark works.
DTC:

I think Benchmark only outputs 24/96K via USB. It will output 176 and 192k via the AES/EBU and digital outputs (including optical). Another reason not to go USB (and record to the Tascam), if you want higher than 96K. However, I was told 96K may be the optimum sample rate and higher rates may not sound as good or better.

The other thing I discovered was the Benchmark has much more flexible input gain ranges. You can get up to 29 dB of gain, whereas the Tascam will give you a max of 12 dB. This was an issue due to the low output voltage of the Spectral with a MC cartridge, and the highest signal levels I could get were about -10 dBU at the peaks when recording an LP.

The gain is also set in the Benchmark via analog devices like switches, resistors, and pots. The Tascam uses digital methods as you enter the gain numerically in 0.5 dB steps via the LCD screen.
DHL the output on the headphone jack sucks, I agree, but the output to the sacd card is great.
Dtc,

No problem. It's okay for people to share their opinions.
I actually gave up. I'll stick with the vinyl.
Later on I might transfer albums on the CD-s.
(hopefully that is not going to be a problem).
JWM:

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the SQ.

When I get the Benchmark ADC1 USB and hook it up to the Tascam I'll report back.