Top ten DD turntables of all time?

I'm getting back into vinyl and need some suggestions. Please don't suggest belt drives!!! Better yet, let's mention only vintage DD turntables, since I feel they are superior to anything being manufactured today.
rod1957
"Never mind that records themselves continued to be mastered on DD cutting lathes, hmmm...."

WHAT?? You mean to say that they are cutting all those lousy vibrations right into the records??? Surely you jest, they MUST be using belt-driven lathes since these units are so vastly superior, as proven above....
Reviving this old thread.
I am looking for a direct drive turntable for my system. I already have a TJN Reference Lenco. The DD will be to add some variety. Morever I want to test the potential of a good DD. Between a Technics SP-10 MK2 with Obsidian plinth and Yamaha GT-2000X, which one is better (purely going by sonics) ?
GrooveMaster Vintage Direct

The Technics SP10 MK2 is an excellent table as well, the MK3 is even better, however most of the ones offered on eBay for an example are in need of an overhaul, which is certainly doable. Have just finished with a MK2, yet to design /build the plinth and so far I'm very impressed with the machine.

Bought a Yamaha PX3 a while back to explore the possibilities - but passed on that one - simply too flimsy a drive mechanism. Do not have any experience with the GT-2000X.

Best of Luck

Peter
Hi Peter,
Your designs are interesting. In the world of direct drives there are few of these usual suspects which include the SP10, DP80, Yamaha GT-2000x, Kenwood L-07d and JVC TT101 to name a few. Since you have been working on DD models, whats your take ? Are any of these models equally good ? Should I be looking for any particular model, e.g SP-10 MK3 if I want top shelf performance ?

Finally do you work on restoring any good DDs or are you dedicated to the Denon camp? :-)