Tascam DA-3000

HI to everyone.
I have 1500 albums that I would like to transfer on to MD
Recorder but I was adviced by one of fellow Audiogoner that the best option would be Tascam DA-3000.
I searched a little bit and it sounds like a good idea but there is a problem. Every 2GB of data the files would be cut
so I would need the software to fix that. Maybe I didn't
understand what he was trying to explain since I never used
that kind of recorders.
I would appreciate opinions.
topten
Jeff, thanks, but no, I don't have plans to go to CES or any of the other major shows (e.g., RMAF) in the foreseeable future. In part because I'm on the east coast.

Best regards,
-- Al
Al:

You do have a point, assuming that potential RF entering the Benchmark is somehow filtered differently so that it never gets into the digital bit stream.

I did notice my 60 Hz hum levels were lower when using the Benchmark. Same gain setting on the Spectral, same interconnects. I attribute this to a better common mode rejection in the Benchmark balanced input amplifiers, which may have an impact on your point above.
dhl93449 - I use the Tascam DA-3000, and am quite pleased with my recordings from vinyl (if I do them in double DSD). I see your point, modifying the A-D part of the conversion. What happened, in your case?
I did buy the Benchmark A/D converter and have the Tascam connected as a slave. Yes the sound is better to me using the Benchmark. I am using 24/176 as the benchmark does not do DSD.