Newbie, old timer or returned to analog?

I remember in the 80's lots of folks were dumping vinyl. Seems to me that vinyl folks seem to fall in one of 3 categories- either you're new to vinyl, you've never abandoned vinyl, or you dumped your vinyl and have re-entered the vinyl world.

I started buying vinyl in the 70's and never gave up on vinyl. Sure I bought a CD player at some point but I never got rid of a single LP. And I am still buying vinyl. Can't recall the last cd I bought though.

How about you? Where on the spectrum are you?
128x128zavato
Never left it either. Have a very large collection from both buying
through the late 60's and all the 70's.  Then being given a few thousand more
in the 80's when many felt they were worthless and consumed to much
space ( many thanks to all those wives whom were obeyed, lol). 
I thought that the folks who dumped their vinyl when CDs came out were nutz. I, and a couple of friends had a field day at garage sales and thrift stores buying as many of the mint cast offs as possible. I bought 300 mint import classical records from a Brit at his moving sale for a dollar each. His last words when I left were ... "I don't know what you want with records when CDs sound so much better." I told him that I realized how superior digital was ... but I just couldn't afford a CD player. *lol* I'm still enjoying his Decca imports.
Have been buying vinyl since I was a kid, like Zavato cannot remember last time I bought a CD.

Good Listening

Peter
Vinyl since the 70's.

Did not buy CD/SACDs until 2010 when digital playback was acceptable to me.