Anybody a high-end pen collector here?

Just wondering - the pen geek world seems rather small. :)
sfrye1
I collected pens as a young man, but eventually wised up. However, I use a Parker Duofold ballpoint daily (about $300 now) that I got in about 1996, that often impresses clients. It has a Lifetime Warranty! Parker replaced it twice (the design wasn't as robust as they apparently intended.) Parker was acquired a while back, and the new owners are somewhat less amenable to honoring the warranty. They seem to think that "Lifetime Warranty" has some legal definition that is not exactly what it sounds like, and they seem to be prone to blaming the owner now; I had to pay for the last problem, which is always the retraction mechanism. I understand that the warranty is two years on new Duofolds. It may make some sense to buy an expensive pen intended to last for the rest of your life, but not otherwise, imho.
On the other hand, if you want a good fountain pen, it aint' cheap to make an 18K rhodium plated nib.
I don't imagine my old Parker 51 that I have had for over 50 , and maybe not that.
I don't imagine my old Parker 51 I've had for over 50 years is worth much but 10K is the least I'd take for it, and maybe not that.Thanks Dad.
Not really a pen collector but possess some pens that are interesting in a historical sense.
I was given several Presidential bill signing pens including
a JFK bill signing pen, a couple LBJ bill signing pens & a Richard Nixon bill signing pen. Due to the way I received them I have no doubt regarding their authenticity. There is quite the cottage industry in fake JFK stuff. The pens are easy to fake because very similar pens were sold in the White House gift shop for some time. There is a slight difference in size between the ones used for signing & the ones sold from the gift shop.
Aren't the bill signing pens expensive pens? For some reason I think of them as being hi-end, but not sure which company is used. I assume the pen is made here in the US of A. If that is true, it would mean no Mount Blancs, which are what most people think of as a very good/exclusive pen.