Cincinnati, OH, any audiophiles?

Any Cincinnati, OH -based audiophiles on this forum? I have found only one truly high end dealer here, and they are leaning more and more towards high end home theater so they tend to be quite busye, and no longer set up truly "reference" systems one can listen to for calibration. Would love to get into touch with other fellow maniacs in the area Hard to know what else you "need" unless you can hear it and covet it in someone else's set up!
128x128alexc
Morrow Audio in Independence, KY will have an audiophile get together on Sunday, December the 28th from 4:00 to ??. Everyone had a great time a few years ago and it is time for another one!

* Hear the latest series 3 cables as well as the Morrow Audio 300B1 Monoblocks in our new listening room. See many homemade room treatments, get ideas.

* Fine wine, beer, ect will be served as well as finger foods.

* Meet fellow audiophiles, make new friends!

Please RSVP by Thursday the 25th to our e-mail at morrowaudio@yahoo.com

Address:

1133 Casson Way
Independence, KY

Phone: 800-280-9167
859-356-6994
Hi club members I am in the planning stages for a get together in late Jan or early Feb. I may have a few surprises [ new toys ] in my system by then just a hint for you to think about. As always club members are welcome to email me to come by just about anytime for some music so if you find yourself with some free time email me . Happy holidays to all and your families we have so much to be thankful for and the great friends I have had the chance to get to know. I look forward to many more meetings and to get to know more of you and more friendships. Marc
Sounds like a good time. I am already looking forward to it. And yes, I am willing to walk a few blocks from a parking spot.
Hi Cinci-philes,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

I'd like to "share the wealth" a little. Joseph Galli gave ma a pair of JBL L60T 2-Way floor standing speakers when he recently moved from Cincinnati to NYC. He didn't have room to store them at his new place and he didn't want to throw them away or sit them at the curb on trash day.

Anyway, they are a really decent speaker covered in real wood verneer. Well, like Joseph, I really don't have any room for them in my small listening room or basement storage.

I would like to pass these on to another local music lover who may have a use for them. They are good speakers that probably retailed for $600+ in the early '90s. So if you, or someone you know, wants a decent pair of speakers for a second system or to give to a budding young music lover, please let me know.

Oh, and you are welcome to stop by and listen to my little system when you pick them up! I've got several cool toys that may be interesting to a budget minded audiophile.

Happy Holiday!

TIC
Tom Turner in Cincinnati
Tom,
Thanks for putting those JBL's out there for us before listing them. That is a great idea, I am always more interested in local sales to avoid shipping issues. Also a good opportunity to meet new 'philes and hear other systems. In the future, I may use the same approach.

I do not see any response to Mike's get together last Sunday so I will . . . I sure enjoyed the conversation and music, and the eats were fantastic. And I did get some ideas for room treatment like Mike suggested. I have a friend who is enbarking on DIY treatments and I now have some better suggestions for him. Thanks again Mike.

Marc, count me in when you nail down a time. Your system pics look good, nice job.

Scot from New Richmond