Linn sondek vs sme

I recently read a thread actually comparing a Linn sondek to SME and many saying that the Linn "outperformed" an SME.  Really?.  Are some people on LSD or is this a fair comparison as I am looking to upgrade in the near future and was planning on listening to SME.  I never thought they were in the same league.  I have been told that my modest scout beats the sondek.  How can that be true?  The thing is I have no dealers for either locally.  Only VPI and project.  I think I want to movin a different  direction than VPI.
tzh21y
  daveyf, at that time I didn't want to put that much money into the table.  I spent more than I wanted to with the upgrades made.  The upgrades you suggest come to roughly $7200, so I would hope one would be very well served.
abuckteoeighty, that’s fair enough. But, you spent probably more than that on the SME and then you went on to state how you like it better than your old "updated" Linn. Of course you do, but it’s not a fair comparison....No??

tzh21y, tables don’t have a tracking ability, the cart/arm compliance and ability is what confers tracking/tracing ability. Unless we are talking about a severely warped or groove damaged record, the age of the record should have no impact on the tracking/tracing

Pani, the Keel is after the Radikal and before the arm. Although, I am perfectly happy with the Kore.
daveyf, I bought the SME used for less than the amount of the upgrades I put in the Linn.  I also noticed my bad math, and the cost of your suggested upgrades is $9200, not $7200.

You're one of the biggest Linn defenders on this site, so I'm guessing you know what you're talking about when it comes to the high priced Linns with the top of the line parts.  I have never heard one and surely would.
I am going to audition a Linn sondek on Monday.  I still would like to hear an SME.  I watched a couple of videos on YouTube of the SME 20 and I have never heard a piano sound like that.  The attack and decay is incredible, amazing actually.  I know I heard it through my laptop but that makes it all the more incredible IMHO.