Is Vinyl Worth It

Great cartoon in this week's New Yorker magazine. Has a caption: 'The two things that really drew me to vinyl were the expense and the inconvenience'. Sounds familiar.
buconero117
I have to just LMAO when I see multi thousand $$ TT rigs running through a SS Amp!How can anyone be taken seriously if your rig is not analogue from start to finish?NO,vinyl is NOT worth it!Digital with tubes is the only way to go.
abucktwoeighty...hahaha!  
Gawd...remember the rumble that the 8track plowed through the speakers when it did that?   Thanks for the memory!
I have to just LMAO when I see multi thousand $$ TT rigs running through a SS Amp!How can anyone be taken seriously if your rig is not analogue from start to finish?

freediver, I don't understand what you mean here, exactly.  Care to elaborate?
Freedriver obviously is misinformed about how a solid-state amplifier works.  He must think that a solid-state amplifier per definition has to be "digital".  Perhaps we should give him some time to study the subject carefully,  then comment,  as this would make for much more enlightened comments :-)

Good Listening

Peter
Count me in among the uninformed- why is what I'm listening to now- vinyl LP, cartridge to a SS pre, then other SS gear, digital?

perhaps this was tongs in check- that analog deserve tubs