Who tried Class D only to return to S/S or Tube

And what were the reason you did a backflip back to S/S or tube.
As there are a few pro Class D threads being hammered at the moment, I thought I'd put this up, to get some perspective.

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Thankyou Guidocorona,  how have you been,  I really enjoyed your review of the merril class D amp,  very well written. 
Guidocorona,  you know,  I have no issue with any one who enjoys class D amp's,  but I will mention that you and I have a mutual friend that has a great system that uses the burmester 911 amplifiers,  they are class A amp's,  I understand most people cannot afford such amp's,  the mutual friend is audiogon user name mattnshilp, cheers. 
Some prefer tubes, some ss, and some class d. It is painfully obvious that tastes and preferences can and do differ so why people continue to debate and argue over the "superiority" of one topology over another is simply idiotic.

Hi Keith, doing well, and... Wow, I knew I was forgetting something important.... Fact is that Burmester is my other prefered uber-high SS brand, together with Solution and Rowland.

How could I forget, given that I was the one who pointed Matt onto Burmester?!

Only thing is... Seems I had a misconception. I thought Burmester ran in high bias class A/B, hence my original assertion that I had not found a class A amp that took my breath away. Well, seems that I had already found one after all... Burmester 911 and likely 909 at RMAF.

Burmies are an interesting case for me. In olden days, think about 15 years ago, they were not my cup of tea at all... I thought them to be both a little dark and a little hard sounding. Yet in the last several years they evolved into what for me are creators of true magic.

So now I know I have already found high magic in class D, Class AB, class A, and hi power tubes.... I am confident that my discovery of magic OTL will come eventually 

Saluti, G.

It is painfully obvious that tastes and preferences can and do differ so why people continue to debate and argue over the "superiority" of one topology over another is simply idiotic."

+1, Kuribo.

J. :)