ARE YOU A " TRUE EXPERT AUDIOPHILE " ( T E A ) ???

Dear friends: I questioned my self several times about with no sure answer in this " easy " question.

A priori almost all of us think we are and through the Agon threads ( and in other forums. ) we try to show " we are ". We try to share our experiences and " best " learning and at the same time through those thread  discussion we try to learn. Well not all, many of us posted/post to be the winner: the one with the right  and only explanations.

Through my audio life I learned that exist no single audiophile ( included proffesionals reviewers/"gurus". ) whom write the right audio " bible ", many of us have higher knowledge level on some audio topics and " almost "  all ignorants with other topics it does not matters what that " guru " can think.

IMHO the high-end audio experience is a day by day endless learning and we can learn not only from those " gurus " but from the " rookies " too.

Now, the main subject in the thread is to find out with certainty what means: T E A   level  and to start somewhere first I would like ,  along all of you,  try to find out the definition of an Audiophile.

So, the thread is totally open for all of us come to help on this T  E  A   quest.

So, for you: what's and AUDIOPHILE ?  main characteristics for ?

W E L C O M E D  !!!  your effort is appreciated. Btw, the thread is NOT and evaluation of each one of us but looking for answers and a learning exercise for all.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.

Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
A true expert is how the world views you, not how you view yourself.  When you earn the respect of the audiophile community through your demonstrated knowledge and abilities, to the point that everyone admires your achievement and seeks your advice, you're there.  You don't have to know everything.  There are experts in the sub $1000 system world too.  Context.  Better, Raul?
DEAR FRIENDS: I think is a must to tell all of you that the " hide " target in this thread is not only to find out what we all think are the  T E A characteristics that as lewm, me and many of you want to arrive through the time but how and what to do to " buy "/ acquire those characteristics. 

Paladin posted:

"""   Someone who can walk into a listening room & detect imperfections in a system (like a tweeter off axis/plane, too much boom in bass, an anemic amp etc.).
I have only met one such person in my 50 years in this hobby & am lucky enough to have him as a friend who has helped me develop great sound over the past 20 years - THANKS TED! """

We want to know how/which kind of experiences and training had Ted over his audio life to arrive to T E A  status.

Target here is to learn how we can to achieve T E A   status in the shortest time we can. To know where to start the T E A   process, learn the fine points to do it and to self training to be educated as a T E A  .

That learning/training T E A process will gives us huge rewards as never we can imagine we can have.
Those rewards will put our audio listening day by day experiences as higher as any one can want it.

At the end of the T E A quest HERE WILL BE ONLY WINNERS AND NO SINGLE PERSON THAT WAS 0R FEELS DEAFETED !!!!!

So, we need that every one shares his detailed audio system experiences with the rewards they aquired.

I know many people in this forum and other forums that have higher knowledge level in audio subjects than many of us. Even I was ( USA ) and meet some of them at their places and their contributions will be appreciated by each one of us.

Please feel free to post and don't be shy remember that here we are not evaluating to any one or any one audio system but trying to LEARN from every one experiences. This is a team work.

It's clear that all of us know a lot less that what we think we know. That's why exist so many audio forums throught the net and that's why so many audio thread with different kind of discussions where normally each one of us have a diferent opinion, many times just opinions with out real foundations.

Designers, profesional reviewers, audio distributors are welcomed, it's an open an UNBIASED  thread.

Seems to me that we already have the audiophile definition and moonglum posted :

“Is a T.E.A. an expert in sound/recorded music or an expert in equipment and its application?” 

so, we can assume that there are different kind/type of audiophiles. Could be important try to diferenciate in between and from here go on in the T E A quest.

Can we go on or you have a better " road " to?

R.

The true expert or genius is aware of his own capabilities even when the world doesn’t recognize or acknowledge them or is very late to the party. Examples include, Einstein, PT Barnum, Edgar Allen Poe, Higgs the guy who discovered the Higgs Boson, Tesla, Oppenheimer, Heisenberg, Sheldrake and Schroedinger.
There is truth to be found in all of the answers.  Ultimately there is a talent involved that cannot be learned or taught.  That is genius.  Thinking that this thread can somehow make us all a genius is a flawed premise.  Good luck Raul.

Dear wlutke: """  Thinking that this thread can somehow make us all a genius is a flawed premise. """

That's not the premise. The premise is how all can grow up faster in the right path to the quest of " audio heaven ". Tha's all.

No one can arrives there alone and working as a team we can do better learning from the " ones " that know how to do it. Don't you think?

R.