Phoenix Engineering speed control

I purchased the Phoenix Engineering speed control for my VPI Classic 3. I purchased  the bigger power supply and the tachometer combination of the speed control.  I notice that I can hear a steady hum coming from the speakers when the speed control us turned. The hum is constant and will not vary if I turn up the volume on the Preamp.  But the hum goes away when I turn the turntable off. The hum return when I turn on the turntable again. I even in unplugged the interconnect from the turntable, but it make no difference.  Does anyone with the Phoenix Engineering speed control experiencing the same issue?
almandog
I agree with sbank....its a ground problem. If you use a cheater, only use it to confirm a ground issue...don’t keep it in the system....they ruin the sound. Use a voltmeter to see that all wall plugs are wired correctly. This can be very tricky to find.  I would get in touch with both Phoenix, and VPI and see if they have suggestions.  If I were in a betting mood, I would say that Harry has the answer.
Yesterday i tried the Cheater plug and it worked. It was definitely the Phoenix Engineering power supply causing the hum.  I don't want to use a cheater plug in my system so I will move things around this weekend to see if I can get rid of that ground loop.
sbank is correct, the hum is cause by a grounding issue.  The Eagle PSU uses a switch-mode power supply so the 3rd wire on the AC output is isolated from the wall socket ground.

If you are using a step up xfmr, ensure that the table's audio ground wire is connected to the phono pre-amp ground. Some SUTs can isolate this ground connection.

Try one (or both) of these:

Ground the case of the Eagle amplifier by attaching a ground wire to one of the rear panel screws;  connect the other end to a grounding point on your system.  Start at the phono pre-amp, main pre-amp, main amp or wall socket.  You may have to experiment to find the best location.

Isolate the 3rd wire ground on the table's power cord by using a 2 prong adapter; connect a ground wire to the adapter ground tab (3rd wire) and connect to your system's ground.

Phoenix engr

Thanks for the tip.
I tried your first option and it worked. The second option still cause the hum in the system. I left the unit connected with your first option. I also notice that the Roadrunner display continue to flash when I turn my system off. The Eagle display goes off fine, no issue. I have to unplug the roadrunner each time after use. Any idea what is going on?