Preamp recommendation please..

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand preamp, to match my Krell Evo 302e amp.
Speakers are Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand.
I like setups based on tube preamps and SS amps, but this is not a must.
Most important for me: Transparency, Musicality & Drive. Smooth sound, not thin or clinical.
Fully balanced models are preferred.
Budget is around $3k.
Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

Tnx.

k302
Primaluna DiaLogue Premium preamp. Cost @ [new...$3,200.00] is on target also. I own one and it is just plain awesome.

Thanks for the interesting ideas.

Any experience with the ARC LS27, which sounds transparent to me. how about its musicality and drive?

I also read very good things about audio gd's preamp, and its compatibility with Krell amps, through the 'semi-cast' output and interconnect.
ModWright LS 36.5. Guarantee it has more PRAT than the LS27. I've heard many newer ARC and they are very nice preamps; not referring to the Reference models here. Latest ARC I dragged home was a LS25 MKII. It was a very nice pre; very clean, not sterile but I preferred my former ModWright SWL 9.0 SE for having more drive and being musical.

I wanted to go balance into my Pass so ended up with the ModWright LS 36.5 which is a killer preamp. Hands down bettered my SWL and the ARC LS25 MKII. I'm sure the LS27 is better than the LS25 but bet it is similar in its overall presentation; very nice neutral pre but not much drive. 

Thanks adg101.

Any SS candidates?

MBL 5011..  Music culture.. Electro-Companient..  are these preamps tranparent, smooth-sounding, with drive? or others.. Tnx.