Will a RCA to RCA adapter hurt the sound?

I need to move my rack and have an extra cable of the same make- If I connect the 2 RCA cables to create one long one- How much is that going to hurt the sound if any- thanks-
fluffers
Would it be plausible to sell the two pairs of shorter cables and purchase one pair of the length you need?

thks guys= Yes these are line levels from my preamp to my amp- Just extending one meter- Really do not want to take full rack apart move everything then try it and it does not sound right- anyone know which adapter I should get- Does cardas make an rca/rca-??-thanks for all the help---
Despite the fact that you're asking the question, you already know the answer.  Unless this is a temporary, stop-gap measure I cannot imagine you would settle for this kludge in the quality of system you've put together.  Man up and do the right thing.
MHO, if you're running esoteria equipment and you've got the 'ears' to hear such, you've already noticed...
But, agreed with the above comments, replace with full length when you can see doing so.  It's just more 'sanitary', less potential for needless noise to creep into the mix...
Shop around...I got a good deal at PE on some AV cables that I simply peeled off the 3rd line.  You get 3 pairs for the $ of 2, which made it an even better deal.  But the back of my equipment looks like an sea anemone, so mass quantities of cables made sense.