Best Standard Def DVD Player under $8,000 used?

I am looking for the best possible Standard Def DVD player
that is BLACK. I have a Krell DVD Showcase now and it's
great but I am wondering if there is better to be had for
under $8,000 used.

I would like to hear opinions/comparisons of the video
quality for:

Krell DVD Standard
Linn Unidisk 1.1
Meridian G98
Denon 5910CI

Thanks
Tom
tom92602
Tom, they aren't trying to bash you but save you big cash! Just because it's more doesn't make it better. I have two rolex watches and a Patek any my digital casio keeps better time when left without wearing. Bluray not only is BETTER in sound and video but is the future. You aren't the only guy with high end audio gear and a big dvd collection. Why continue on a dead end path when you could start buying the future and improve as better machines become available. BTW, complaining that BR disks are expensive while asking about an $8000 USED SDVD player is nearly the worst comment ever on the forums. MHO of course.
Tom, my apologies. You are right and the Denon 5910CI is an awesome universal DVD player. I own it and it's is simply the best there is. Absolutely incredible in my HT. Blu-Ray Shmu-Ray - it's slow and the discs are not cheap. Remember when everyone went from LPs to CD, tubes to SS, mono to stereo to multi-channel. Now they are all back to the tried and true technologies/topologies.

So yeah, like I said earlier. I will sell you my used Denon 5910CI for only $7000 - a $1000 savings for you! It is black and will be in the original box. I will throw in a good cable with it at no extra charge, too.

Don't listen to these guys, they are all leaping without looking where they will land. They will be sorry in 20 or 30 years. DVD we know and love: it works and works great with the right system and my Denon is the best, really, THE BEST.

Please PM me ASAP and let's get this deal wrapped up. When were done, come on over to my place and we'll watch home movies on my Super8 setup. If only DVDs could look this good!

Best,

Dan
"Remember when everyone went from LPs to CD, tubes to SS, mono to stereo to multi-channel. Now they are all back to the tried and true technologies/topologies."

Yeah, that's not exactly the same situation here. Analogy is bad here, I think. You're talking apples n oranges. The progression from Analog movie sources - namely Beta/VHS (ok, Beta stomped VHS) and Laser to DVD, then from DVD to HD/Blue-ray has been nothing but a progressive improvement in every area, video-wise. It's also been a steady improvement, for the most, in the video sound quality as well.
Your point is better made with a down swing in sound quality from old analog source to poorly processed digital for some time, until the advent of SACD. Now, we're back to MP3's and poor sound from the masses, on the ipod front.
I don't think you can say anything accept we've been making better and better video strides since the beginning.
That's all I'm tryin to say...