Topnotch BluRay Concert.....

I recently bought Adele on Blue Ray live at the Royal Albert Hall. Simply spectacular 5.1 sound. Anyone experience good 5.1/2.1 concerts feel free to explain in detail and even direct where to buy.....thx in advance:)

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
Jp still not convinced on Gilmore's Bluray! lol
His guitar is still among the best though.He should look at what most of the geezers do get some vocals to complement his shortfalls.
I agree with Adele's Bluray too!
We are running Whisper XDs with a Coda 15.0 and 7X Pre and there is nothing they can't handle.
The bass is pristine!
Unless the recordings are that poor and then the system only magnifies the garbage! lol
BTW Albert Hall is my favorite venue.
Quality of many bluray concerts are nice these days.

my favorites: Jewel The Essential Live Somgbook: Live at the Rialto theatre is by far the best acoustic recoding I heard today.

The Police Certifiable: Low freq. are stunning, difinition of high's are also impressive.

25th Ann Rock&Roll hall of fame: most of the recordings are very gut. Metallica misses the drive in the low freq.
Just ordered Gilmore at RAH. Should be interesting to listen to with some of the tweaks I've done to my system.
JP1208: Are you referring the heartbeats at the beginning song of the 1st DVD of the Gilmore DVD? I guess I wasn't impressed by the bass so that means I have some work to do with bass management...
Admranger, just the overall bass in general is very good and clean. The heartbeats get a little carried away but is very clean and will test your amp and how well it can control the speakers low end. This will also test your room and let you know if your room is putting out unwanted frequencies. I think they increased the db's on the heartbeat so if you can control those beats you can just about control anything.

There are test track cd's out there that can help with bass management. I have the XRCD24 bit Sheffield drum test disc which is great for bass management.

Lately I have been spinning the DVD-A of Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues and Dire Straits SACD of BIA.

If you like Talking Heads the DVD-A 5.1 mixes are a lot of fun and done very well and I'm not much into mixes.

Again, I think these discs have bass that is very well done with a little more detail and clarity going to Dire Straits SACD.