Topnotch BluRay Concert.....

I recently bought Adele on Blue Ray live at the Royal Albert Hall. Simply spectacular 5.1 sound. Anyone experience good 5.1/2.1 concerts feel free to explain in detail and even direct where to buy.....thx in advance:)

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
Forgot to mention Pat Metheny The Way Up on br...my favorite album by him and performed in it's entirety. Very well done. Again...amazon.
Great thread!

I already had some of the recommendations, but bought several more. All were quite wonderful!

I especially enjoyed the RTF (Return to Forever) returns, Live at Montreux performance. Although I was familiar with the individual RTF performers (Corea, Clark, Di Meola and White), I had not heard them perform as a group. It would be an understatement to say that I was impressed. Their ability to tightly mesh together as a single entity, but stand out in each of their own disciplines, was a real treat to see and hear.

Additionally, as a CTA (Chicago) fan, I really enjoyed the Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire: Live at the Greek Theatre DVD. One wouldn’t necessarily think that the two together would be a good combo, but boy, it was! On the DVD, each group performed separately and then together. For the fans of either or both groups, what a great party DVD!

The “25th Anniversary of The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame” was also a real winner!
check out 20 steps from Stardom not much for musical documentaries but this is a heart warming story of some of the best backup vocalists in the bizz.
Sound and picture are excellent
I like Within Temptation's "Black Symphony" on Blu-ray, but it'll cost you $40 or so (in the US) as an import. They're a very good Dutch symphonic metal/rock band and this concert is a great introduction to the band's material.