Upgrade path

I'm currently running a set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers bi amped into a Theata Dreadnaught 1 amp with the 5x200 watt set up, Preamp is a Audio Research ls3. Looking for opinions on what I should up grade 1st of the 3 pieces. I was thinking a bigger amp in the 400 watt range but one that would be an noticeable improvement over the Theat which to my ears does a lot of things right. Amp wise I would not be looking to spend more than 4K 
2channeljunkie
The MC2500 is one of the amps that made McIntosh.  It is a professional unit and there really isn't a current manufacture direct comparison that I'm aware of.  Bullet-proof, outstanding sound quality.  If you ever wanted to move into Mc, it would be a good way to go.

Good luck & happy listening!

Not a fan of the Macs. Excellent build quality, plenty of parts, and service techs, but the sound to my ears is lifeless. And though with such copius power it might not matter too much, but sacrificing the otherwise advantages of frequency linearity of ss to accommodate auto-formers is non-sensical to me.

Unsound what SS Amps do you like. I've had several other good SS amps in my rig. But here in central Ohio whenever they need serviced it's always we don't/are not a licensed repair facility...which gets old after a few years!! I grew up listening to Mcintosh as a child hearing my Fathers rig. As I recall his Mcintosh Amps were always laid back and musical and we would listen to his ring for hrs. On end with no fatigue.. What about Mac amps do t you like??