Proac One SC - Do thet perform well at low volume?

Anyone with experience regarding the Proac One SC low volume playback capability?
rocker9999

Something else to think about...

Doesn't the amp play a role in low volume performance ?

Something like PP amps usually sound better turned up just a bit where as SET amps do best when barely turned up (that 1st watt thing for SET's) .

Anybody ?

Something else to think about...

Doesn't the amp play a role in low volume performance ?

Something like PP amps usually sound better turned up just a bit where as SET amps do best when barely turned up (that 1st watt thing for SET's) .

Anybody ?

Agree.

I would include solid state true Class-A/SIT's as well, besides SET's, to achieve the advantage at lower power. SET's are said to operate to the most desired effect well within (i.e.: somewhat below) its stated max. power output, which, given it's usually limited to 5-10 watts (or even lower), would require seriously sensitive speakers (>97-98dB) for this to come to fruition - all relative to the size of the listening room, acoustics, individual SPL requirements, etc. Even with 20-40 watts SS true Class-A amps (not incl. the less powerful SIT dittos), relatively sensitive speakers are called for. My impression is that, generally, the more sensitive the speakers the better their abilities into low level detail retrieval, and this seems to go hand-in-hand with SET's, SIT's and other SS Class-A variants.
My experience - low volume SQ is heavily dependent on the amps ability to provide a healthy enough signal that the speaker can put out a refined bass without the need for enormous power. Interestingly given your ProAc question is that I run a YBA Passion integrated to ProAc D15's and have very nice low volume SQ, and I don't think my ProAc's are that efficient.