Drying time after a VPI record cleaner?

Hello everyone, I am curious what you all are doing in terms of drying time for your records after you clean them on a VPI vacuum record cleaning machine.  

I am using the VPI model 16.5.  My routine lately is to put the record on the cleaning plater, blast with an air compressor to remove the easy dust, apply 1 step cleaning formula with brush for 1 minute, vacuum for 3 revolutions, flip repeat.  After that, I set the record vertically in a small kitchen dish drying rack made of plastic coated metal.  I can fit 13 records in the rack, all vertical, none touching, and only coming in contact with the rack on the extreme edge of the vinyl, so no contact to the actual grooves.  I then leave them to fully dry out for several hours or overnight.  The thought is, I do not want any liquid that didn't get vacuumed up to remain. (though they look more or less dry to me, I figure it is possible to have some moisture still in there somewhere)

My question is, is this last step necessary?  Do you just put the record back into the sleeve after vacuuming?  Or, if you do use a dish rack like I do, how long to you let them dry?
marktomaras

I’m just pleased to see so many responses to a question about source material, an indicator that it is the music we care most about!

I got my VPI HW-17F precisely because I was not satisfied with the drying abilities of the Nitty Gritty I had previously. It sucked---or rather didn’t, at least, not to my satisfaction. Two revolutions of drying on a VPI is all it takes. I appreciate your concern about any possible remaining humidity on your LP’s, but that should evaporate in the time it takes to remove the LP from the VPI and slide it into it’s sleeve. I’d be more concerned about the amount of dust that may fall onto the LP while in the dish rack!

I have the HW-17. My records come out completely dry after 3 revolutions with the vacuum on. I do only clean one side at a time, right before I play it. Once in a blue moon, I'll notice a drop of liquid on the very edge of the disc if I'm not careful removing the disc and bump it up against the fluid applicator brush. 

I agree with bdp24 that I'd be more concerned about gathering more dust while "drying" than I would about moisture, and I use a new MoFi inner sleeve after clearning - any moisture problems would be apparent in the plastic if the albums didn't get dry, and I've never had a problem. 
bdp24, good point about the dust falling on records in the dish rack, I had thought about that as well.  Perhaps I will modify my method in using the dish rack, and once it is full with 13 records, sleeve the first 6, and continue cleaning.  That is, if I have the gumption to keep going!  I usually get bored and tired of record cleaning by number 13.
Leaving them out for room drying will result in more debris on the clean record in my estimation. The VPI, once you get the wand angle right, should dry them- i like the idea above, about the lift (assuming the vacuum isn't so strong that it pulls the record when you lift). The problem, as wand machine users know, is that over-vacuuming can cause static. I also like to do a rinse step, and use a "two wand" approach for that, which means you have to buy another wand and another mounting pillar from VPI. My 16.5 started life as a 16 and still works! (I have other machines, but can and still use the VPI on occasion). Keep your wand pads clean, clean your applicators scrupulously. 
The air compressor- you don't mean canned air, right, but a real compressor? Presumably, with appropriate oil and particulate filters? I have various compressors that I have used for the system, but use a Rocket Blaster- bulb duster thingie that you can buy for 10 or 12 bucks on line- the large size--to get rid of loose surface detritus before cleaning. Another tip- if the record is nasty dirty, don't go scrubbing on the first cleaning pass. Wash lightly without a lot of scrubbing or strong agitation, vacuum, clean the vacuum lips, and then if you are of the agitation/scrubbing school- do that, to avoid grinding the surface stuff into the record in the process of cleaning it.