What's the most overrated or overpriced piece of equipment you own, have owned or come by?

This hobby of ours is extremely rewarding, but can also be very expensive. I don't mind paying the big bucks (if I can afford it) for better sound. But many companies out there take advantage of us poor bastards and sell us snake oil equipment at exorbitant prices. Well...This is your chance to share with other Audiogonners.

This is your chance to GET EVEN :-)
mozart4040
My biggest disappointment is having bought the simaudio 740p preamp brand new after reading so many rave reviews on this unit. Usd9k
Sold it for half the price in just 3 months.
Compared to my aged aragon 28k, it sound veiled, lacked dynamics, muted highs and muddy bass.

I swear i would never touch this brand ever. I really wonder what the heck those reviewers are hearing.

zavato:  Wow, you must have gotten a lemon of a Thorens.  I bought a TD-166MkII new in 1984 and it is still in regular use (slightly modded). 
I regretted buying the Dynaco 416 amp with the outboard C-100. I had heard it in someone else's system and I was enthralled with the immense power and the flashing LEDs. I got it home and immediately blew out 2 pairs of speakers. But it wasn't until I switched it out for a pair of Mark III monoblocks that I knew I had made a dreadful mistake. 

I also regretted buying the Magnepan 2Bs until I got them into the right room and learned how to position them. 

But generally I buy used and more than 5 years old, so I don't get much buyer's remorse. The only exception to that is cartridges and CD players, which are the only things I have bought new in the last 20 years. 

But I am considering a NAS drive...
Odyssey Audio. By far the worst company and the worst products I have owned. The most positive thing I can say is this; After owning three pieces that had hum and buzz coming from the transformers and not getting in touch with the owner (no returned messages)  I finally reached him and returned the gear. It came back with the same problems. Mr K. lectured me on my power problems, even though countless pieces of gear never revealed this problem. So after years, not months, he agreed to buy it back at a huge loss to me. That is the good part.

I know there are fans, but I cannot see it from my vantage point.