What's the latest word on the Emotiva UMC-1?

I just bought the Oppo 83 blu-ray player, and now see the Emotiva website says the UMC-1 processor is in initial shipping mode. At only $700, is this processor really of great quality and a bargain compared to the likes of more expensive units from Onkyo, Integra, Marantz, Rotel, etc? I'm looking to spend under $3,000. For strictly home theater use, would you go for the UMC-1 or what other product?
rxlarry99
First, I have loaned money to Emotiva..if it doesn't work the way I want in the final release, I can return it for full money back (30 days from when the software is final).

There are many companies who have used "early announcements" to hold potential buyers from buying a competitive product...Emotiva is no different. (think microsoft; Sony; and let's not forget the infamous Outlaw 997) The nearest competitor I know of today is the integra DHC-40.1 at $300 more, and it has it's own problems with HDMI sync.

So..if they get the software sorted out, I'll gladly keep mine and I will have a bargain at $699. If I decide not to wait, I'll return it and probably buy a 40.1. If it weren't for the heat output of the last Integra/Onkyo processors, I'd probably already own one of them....Lot's of choices, lots of trade-offs.
THat's true about the heat output on the Integra's...man it heats up my little equipt closet!
I waited forever for the 997... I'm not even interested in the 998 after all the hype.
06-23-10: Oddiofyl
I waited forever for the 997... I'm not even interested in the 998 after all the hype.
Outlaw hasn't successfully designed their own pre/pro since their initial Model 950, developed 7-8 years ago! The next-gen (970?) was sourced from Sherwood-Newcastle and Outlaw hasn't been able to bring an HDMI-based AVP out at all.

Onkyo's been offering them for three years.