Is Krell onto something?

Krell's latest Pre/Pro (reviewed in this month's Stereophile) features two center channel outputs, joining Magnepan in support of this, in my opinion, superior option for the most crucial (should I say 'all important') channel. An image right in the screen's center, one speaker above, one below, adds a palpable level of realism, and, after all, two (speakers and amps) don't have to work as hard as one.

Any thoughts, other than the standard 'comb filtering' argument, that does not anyway hold up to measurements, or my listening experience.
pmcneil
Ok then if two center speakers were better than one, then wouldn't 4 or more be better than two?
How about this formula: simply split the wall at the front of your room into 3rd's, and just cover each 3rd of the wall with a solid array of loudspeakers for each left/center/right channel (using in-wall speakers?)!
Then, simply get enought amplifiers to handle all the current demand for each channel, EQ, level match, bass manage, and you should be done.
I mean, if more is better, why not go all the way, right?!
Ok, we need to get someone with lots of ambition, and time on their hands, to do this experiement, and get back with us! Can I get a show of votes here?! Then we can make this "two centers vs one" point of contention a moot point, once and for all.
I don't think more is better when it comes to center channels. The idea is to have the dialog to appear to come from the screen or center. If you want multiple center channels, let your mains and surrounds handle it on there own. I don't use a center channel and seldom miss it.
I think a lot of this has to do with the size of your room and screen. If you have a very large screen and a very large room and are sitting a very long distance from the screen, two center channels can work, it does for me.
What the heck is an EISA?! Never heard of her...
For the record, anyway, do you really need Krell's AV equip to get an award to know it's automatically going to better than most all of the other stuff out there, anyway?! I think not.
Can't remember a piece EVER from Krell that was not excellent.