Audyssey powered components

I'm kicking around the idea of replacing my (ARC LS 25) preamp with a pre-pro so that I can use full range Audyssey room correction (gasp!). Two channels, with subs, audio only. Balanced out would be necessary and any advanced decoding/video capabilities would be welcome but not a particular priority.

I've thought about the stand alone Audyssey box, but prefer the convenience of a single component.

For such an application, anyone have suggestion for:

1) Best choice when cost is not relevant
2) Best choice for +/- $2500

Thanks in advance

Marty
martykl
Queefee

QSonix server...to...
Benchmark DAC-1...to...
ARC LS-25....to...
NHT X-2 x-over....high pass to ARC VT130SE to Ohm 100
....low pass to Velodyne SMS-1 DRC..to 2 Rythmik 12" subs

There's also a fancy (but now little used) 2 'table analog front end from Aesthetix, Graham, Lyra, Oracle, and Acoustic Solid. There's also a Cary 303 CD player that's never used and occassional visits from Merlin VSM-SE, Verity Parsifal Encore and Maggie MMG. I also have half a dozen amps (Cary 805, Cary 300B, Prima Luna 7 monos, TAD Hibachi monos etc.) that never get used. These are all holdovers from a more active hobbyist past and, eventually, all of this stuff will get sold/traded since it's so rarely used.

These days, I'm looking to simplify.

With the right pre-pro, the LS25, X-2, SMS-1, and DC-1 could all be replaced by one box.

Marty
Since you have an SMS-1, assuming you are happy with the results, you have an interesting option: Get a Classe SSP and transfer the EQ settings from the SMS-1. In addition, you can use the measurement/display functions of the SMS-1 to program the EQ filters in the SSP, if you change your setup.

Kal
Hi Marty,
I have the Marantz AV8003 . I have used the Audessy Multi EQ. It gave me pretty good results and did allow further tweaking after that. I have not used it with the two channel set-up feature, but it did a great job in 5 channel. The piece is about 2600 retail but I think it could be had for around 2k from an authorized dealer.
The problem with the 8003, which is a competent design, is that it (1) uses MultEQ, not MultEQ XT and (2) cannot use Audyssey with any of the HD codecs. The imminent release of the AV7005 at about $1500 msrp will correct both.

Kal
Hi Kal,
Would the UD 8004 decode the HDcodecs ? If so then would it already be done??? I hope so I was looking to get the UD8004 soon