Audyssey powered components

I'm kicking around the idea of replacing my (ARC LS 25) preamp with a pre-pro so that I can use full range Audyssey room correction (gasp!). Two channels, with subs, audio only. Balanced out would be necessary and any advanced decoding/video capabilities would be welcome but not a particular priority.

I've thought about the stand alone Audyssey box, but prefer the convenience of a single component.

For such an application, anyone have suggestion for:

1) Best choice when cost is not relevant
2) Best choice for +/- $2500

Thanks in advance

Marty
martykl
thanx all

Kal, is Classe's correction system proprietary? If so, any comparison to Audyssey would be welcome. I like the idea of transferring curves, but not sure how you keep bass curve & x- over settings while going to full range correction

marty
What do you mean "proprietary?" It is a 5 band per channel PEQ. I prefer to use most of that for the bass.

Kal
Kal,

Proprietary really meant "not Audyssey" in this context. I gather that it's a straight 5 band PEq and, from your earlier comments, that I'd use the readout from the SMS to optimize the settings on that Peq.

It's an interesting idea. I take it that you're favorably impressed by the balance of the Classe's performance, vis a vis the competition at that price point? Anything in paarticular you'd point out to me re: the Classe that caught your attention and made it the model you mentioned first?

Regards,

Marty